You like money right? To be serious, we all like money and like the idea of making money online. Most of us don’t understand that there is no such thing as a get rich quick-scheme, and there never was. In order to make money, it is going to take a lot of time, patience, and a huge commitment.
If you are serious about creating a business online and really want to get going, then you should invest in a laptop. It is a huge investment in yourself. Spending that amount of money for something will motivate you to do something. If you buy a $1200 laptop, wouldn’t you want to use it, and not feel like you just wasted a ton of money?
If you are going to spend that amount on a computer, you want to make sure that it is top-notch, and that you are getting what you are paying for, right? I strongly believe that the MacBook Pro is worth that kind of money, and I would definitely recommend you pick one up. I guess the first thing we should go through are the specs.
Screen: 13 inch 2560 x 1600 Retina Display.
Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 Duol-Core.
RAM: 8GB of 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory.
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640.
Storage: 128GB SSD.
Operating System: macOS High Sierra.
Camera: 720p FaceTime HD camera.
Battery Life: Up to 10 Hours.
Weight: 3.02 lbs.
Dimensions: 11.97 x 8.36 x .59 inch.
The graphical power that this laptop packs is nothing special. The reason for this is the lack of a dedicated graphics card, the integrated graphics included, the Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, is simply not that powerful and not that impressive for a $1,200 laptop, so don’t expect to play any games at 1080p with 60fps.
Besides the graphics card, this laptops performance is excellent. It comes with an Intel Core i5 processor, which is really amazing and works very well for most tasks. The amount of RAM included, 8gb, should be plenty for a most business tasks.
One of my favorite things about this laptop is the 128 GB SSD. If you don’t already know, SSDs (solid state drives) allow you to store and access your files much more efficiently than an HDD ever could. With 128 GB, you should have a decent amount of room for your businesses files, and be able to access them in an instant.
Another great feature is the battery life coming in at around 10 hours, which should last you all day. The camera included is ok. It records HD video at 720p, which is fine and will allow you to FaceTime people with ease.
I want to quickly mention the keyboard, which a lot of people have complaints about, but I don’t think there is a problem with it, it is pretty good, not Apples best, but I have no issues with typing on it. Same can be said for the track pad, but I don’t use the trackpad, I use a mouse.
Overall the performance of this laptop is great and will work perfectly fine for normal business use.
Where the MacBook shines as apposed to other laptops is what Apple includes within, the software. Let’s first talk about the operating system. The operating system included, macOS, is the operating system that powers every Mac. It’s engineered to take full advantage of the hardware and designed to be very easy to maneuver and beautiful to look at.
Along with that, macOS includes an amazing collection of apps you will use and love using everyday. These apps include:
- Safari: Everything you would expect in a web browser, plus an offline Reading List, Pinned Sites, Apple Pay, Picture in Picture, and more.
- Contacts: Store information, phone numbers, addresses, birthdays and more.
- Calendar: keep track of all your meetings, events, and appointments in one place.
- Reminders: Create separate lists for to-dos, projects, groceries, and anything else you are looking to keep track of.
- Notes: Jot down quick ideas, add a photo, video or URL, which will allow you to keep track of things for later.
- Messages: Stay in touch with friends, family by sending them messages with text, images, or other files.
- FaceTime: Make video and audio calls to your friends and family, whether they are using an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or a Mac.
- Photos: Import, view and organize your photos and videos, and create projects and prints from them.
- iTunes: Organize and play your music and videos. You can also find music, movies, TV shows, podcasts and more, listen to iTunes Radio and stream or download songs from Apple Music.
- iBooks: Read everything from classic novels to recent bestsellers, and textbooks to cookbooks.
- App Store: Find, buy, install, update and review Mac apps.
- iMovie: This is one of the best apps on the Mac. It allows you to browse your video clips, share your favorites, and best of all, create stunning trailers and movies. This is a HUGE selling point for Mac, because of how good a video editor and creator it is.
I know that list is long, but there is even more than that! Those are just some of the main ones.
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible.
- Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Stereo speakers with high dynamic range.
- Two microphones
There really aren’t too many accessories that you absolutely need. However, if you are going to be bringing this around with you a lot, I would highly recommend you pick yourself up a carrying case. The one that I recommend would be the Lacdo Waterproof Fabric Laptop Case Sleeve Bag, because of its sleek look, nice fit, and very compact design, that will protect your MacBook nicely.
An accessory that I use and that I highly would recommend you use would be a mouse. If you are good with a track pad, then don’t get one, but if you are used to a desktop or have just been using a mouse with your old laptop, then I would say you need one. The mouse I would recommend would be the Type C Wireless Mouse, Jelly Comb 2.4GHz Rechargeable USB C Wireless Mouse, because the receiver fits the USB Type C port, and will work without buying an adapter.
Last accessory I would say you get would be a USB C Hub, for a number of reasons. First, the one I found plugs right into the side of the laptop, it does use both your USB C ports, but it does give you one of each of the following:
- USB C Port
- HDMI Port
- USB 3.0 Port
- SD Card Slot
- Micro SD Card Slot
It does add a lot of bulk to your laptop, but if you plan to connect it to another monitor or use a USB mouse, then you definitely need one of these.
Name: MacBook Pro
Apples Price: $1,299
Best Place to Buy: Amazon.com
BuildYourOnlineEnterprise.com Rating: 98%
+ Beautiful Screen.
+ 2x USB Type-C ports.
+ The software included.
+ Inclusion of a Solid State Drive.
+ Good battery life.
– Integrated graphics aren’t good.
– Lack of ports.
– Not a lot of space.
After looking at the MacBook Pro, I have come to the conclusion that it is one of the best laptops out there. Sure, it can’t play games well, but I don’t play games on my computer, I work on my business, and if that is what you plan to do, then this laptop is definitely the one you should go with.